The Story of Our Tree (Hardcover)
Two groups of friends. Two tiny seedlings. And one BIG dream of a greener, tree-filled future.
This engaging, science-packed picture book follows two very different groups of young friends as they each plant a tree and then share their excitement through a series of pen pal letters.
In the USA, five friends plant an acorn that grows into an oak tree seedling. They learn about their tree's life cycle and how it will become an ecosystem that gives food and a home to birds, insects, and other animals. In Senegal, Africa, five friends plant an acacia tree as part of Africa's Great Green Wall Project. They learn how their tree will nourish the soil, trap water, shade the hot land, and help their village grow crops. Both groups of friends also discover that their trees will help fight climate change
- A narrative story supported with high-interest science fact boxes
- Perfect for nonfiction reading
- Supports curriculum learning about plant life cycles
- Includes a "Plant an Oak Tree" project
- Beautiful mixed media images using illustration, photos, and collage
This uplifting celebration of trees will encourage young readers to not only notice, value, and enjoy these giants of the plant kingdom, but also want to plant a tree themselves.