An all-in-one resource for every working mother and father.
Sure, there are plenty of parenting books out there. But as working moms and dads, we've never had a trusted, go-to guide all our own—one that coaches us on how to do well at work, be the loving and engaged parents we want to be, and remain true to ourselves in the process.
Enter Workparent. Whether you're planning a family, pushing for promotion during your kids' teenage years, or at any phase in between, Workparent provides all the advice and assurance you'll need to combine children and career in your own, authentic way. Whatever your field or family structure, you'll learn how to:
- Find a childcare arrangement you fully trust
- Build a strong support team, at home and on the job
- Advocate for advancement—and flexibility
- Step up at work while keeping your family healthy and whole
- Tame guilt, self-doubt, worry, and other difficult emotions
- Navigate big transitions: the return from leave, a promotion or job change, or the arrival of a second child
- Manage day-to-day pressures, like scheduling, mealtimes, homework, and more
- Find—and really use—time off
- Feel more capable, calm, and in control
Written by Daisy Dowling, a top executive coach, talent expert, and working mom, Workparent answers all of your questions and feels like a good talk with your favorite mentor. Finally, the handbook you need to thrive as a working parent.
About the Author
Daisy Dowling is the founder and CEO of Workparent, an executive coaching, and training firm dedicated to helping working parents lead more successful and satisfying lives. She is the author of Workparent: The Complete Guide to Succeeding on the Job, Staying True to Yourself, and Raising Happy Kids (HBR Press, 2021). Dowling is a full-time working parent to two young children.You can find Daisy Dowling at workparent.com.