When does sibling rivalry go too far? Here's why your instincts are telling you the truth about this toxic dynamic...
Although an estimated 20 million people have severe narcissistic tendencies, many people have no idea how destructive narcissists can be to others.
While some tendencies manifest as textbook patterns of abuse, for siblings and children of narcissists the experience can be much different.
Has your sister always needed to remind your parents that she's the smartest child? Or is your brother intent on making you out to be the bad guy at every family event?
Your parents may dismiss your concerns, but you know in your heart that family isn't supposed to tear you down and manipulate your feelings.
Although it can be difficult to trust those feelings when nobody else seems to feel the same, you know your sibling best.
There's no reason that a childhood dynamic needs to continue into your adult life -- you can leave behind the bullying once and for all.
As you learn to identify narcissistic patterns you will find it easier and easier to point them out in your own life. Once you can identify them, you can start on the journey to disabling those patterns and healing from years of narcissistic abuse.
In Narcissistic Sibling, here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
● What is means to be a covert narcissist and how that manifests in real-world interactions
● How to determine whether your relationship goes beyond sibling rivalry into a toxic, exhausting dynamic
● Actionable steps to distance yourself from your sibling and establish boundaries to protect your sanity and health
● The subtle effects that narcissism can have on victims and how you may be affected without even realizing it
● Why narcissists act the way they do, and how understanding their motivation can help you identify and disarm manipulative situations before they occur
● The complex interaction of genes and environment that help create narcissists
● 3 types of narcissism and how they can be expressed covertly or overtly, changing the methods of manipulation used by them
And much more.
You may have spent years telling yourself that you're overreacting and explaining away exhausting behaviors that wear you down with each interaction. Now is the time to stop making excuses for others and take steps towards independence and healing in your own life.
There's no way to change the past, but by learning the whys and hows of narcissistic manipulation, you can wrest back control. You don't have to live on anyone else's terms.